Support the work of nonprofits everywhere…
Give to SynerVision Leadership Foundation.
To meet our year-end financial goals, SynerVision Leadership Foundation is raising $12,900 through individual donations and sponsorships. As the image above shares, a small donation combined with other small donations creates an impact larger than any of us can do alone.
We can be successful if…
- 2,580 people give up one latte and donate $5 to this cause…or if
- 120 people give $100…or if
- 26 people give $500
The work of SynerVision Leadership Foundation empowers leaders to make impact in social benefit work in communities around the US. Your donation supports the leadership magazine (Nonprofit Performance Magazine), the online “Community for Community Builders,” and the live Leadership Excellence Summits through scholarships.
We have 3 days to meet this goal. Can I count on your charitable, tax deductible donation?
Here’s the link: http://synervisionfoundation.org/donate/
I have developed a post about the importance of giving for leaders.
Please comment. Thanks.
“Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.”
― Brian Tracy
Giving back from our wealth is a powerful dynamic that empowers our own success. Napoleon Hill defined the traits of wealth, with money being the trait listed, as he pointed out, as the least important. He also identified laws of success. Highlighting two of those laws, the law of attraction and the law of reciprocity, there is a reverse benefit that comes to us through giving. Giving not only allows us to help others, it also adds to our own success! That’s not the reason we give. That’s an added benefit we receive from giving.
Here’s the personal discipline in giving that builds our own skill for success:
- Give what you can: Define a percentage of your substance to give away without self-promotion. As your financial success increases, your donation amount increases as a percentage of your financial wealth.
- Don’t toot your own horn: As stated in #1, self-promotion is not a part of giving. Give as a part of your engagement process. Take the appropriate tax deductions and don’t make a big deal of it. Give for the right reasons.
- Be a giver and learn to receive: Giving receives value through grateful receiving. Be a giver and be a good receiver.
- Give more than money: Many unsuccessful people focus on money as the answer to their lack of success. You have financial wealth because you understand how to give value to others; giving that value attracts money into your life. Seeking happiness does not bring happiness. Seeking money does not attract money. Give your time. Give your knowledge. Give of yourself. Model what success means.
- Always be present: First, show up when you promise to show up. Act like you are getting paid to be there, whether you are or not. Show up fully present. Avoid being distracted by your money and your personal success. Leave phone, computer, and worries behind while you donate yourself to the enterprise of your passion.
- Be passionate and show it: You are successful because you have a passion that drives that success. Give your money, time, talent, and service to another enterprise with passion.
The bottom line is that takers might start out strong, however, giving leaders finish in front, having left value for everyone, especially themselves.
The Transformational Leadership Strategist TM